Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 1

This is day 1 of my blog.

The point of this blog is to document my weight loss journey until my wedding day. I'm starting later than I'd like, but the big day is September 1st, and I'd like to lose 48 pounds.

Okay, so I've been working on this for a little while-- let me give you my background-- I was scheduled to have my tonsils taken out on December 16th, 2011.  I knew that the recovery was 1-2 weeks and thought this a perfect time to jump-start my weight loss journey.

In the past, I've done Atkins with success and so I've decided to follow this nutritional approach this time as well. So, during my tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy recovery, I ate only the following:

-mashed up avocado
-tuna with 2-3 times the normal amount of mayo
-fried egg (yolk only)
-diet coke
-water

Prior to December 16th, I weighed in at 185.  This is a tie for the most I've weighed in my life.  By the end of my recovery (December 29th), I weighed in at 172.2.  Nice, right? Well, the second I was able to eat more food, I put on a couple of pounds (174-ish)-- then on new years I drank a ton and ate chinese food-- bad move-- up to 177.  So, between January 3rd and today (January 11th), I've done very well, and my cheat has been limited to one night where I had four beers (last Saturday, January 7th). 

I began my exercise routine as of Monday, so I have successfully completed two days.  This morning I weighed in at 173.2, and I've been hovering around this weight for a little while now.  Because of this, I'm doing a 1-2 day fat fast.

If you don't know what a fat-fast is, or anything else I'm talking about here-- I recommend you read DANDR-- Doctor Atkins New Dietary Revolution.  This will explain everything.

Anyway, I'm doing a 1-2 day fat fast, to sink me deep into ketosis and get that scale moving again. 

So, because I don't want to go over everything I've eaten and done over the past two weeks, I'm going to document yesterday and today in this post, only, and we'll move on in new posts from there. I'd document Monday but I can't really remember it. So here goes:

TUESDAY, JANUARY 10th, 2012:

Breakfast:
2 Jimmy Dean Maple sausage Patties
2 flaxseed oil supplements
1/2 avocado
2 tbsp flaxseed
coffee with 1/4 cup half-and-half
1 sugar free redbull

Snack:
4 slices of turkey breast
2 slices of swiss cheese
1 packet of mayo
1 piece of lettuce

Lunch:
1/2 avocado
Grilled chicken breast with 1tbsp EVOO, and 1tbsp Stir fry sauce
Couple of slices of bell pepper

Snack:
handful of almonds

Exercise:
7 minute warm-up on treadmill. 6 minutes of 2.5-3mph walking, plus 1 minute 5mph jog
Weight training-- all upper body/arm
19 minutes on treadmill--
3 minutes- 2.5
1 minutes- 5.0- incline 1
2 minutes- 2.8- incline 1
1 minute- 5.0- incline 1
2 minutes-2.8- incline 1
1 minute- 5.0
2 minutes- 2.8
1 minute- 5.0
2 minutes- 2.8
1 minute- 5.0
3 minute- 2.5


Dinner:
2 sausage patties
1 diet coke
2 flax oil capsules
2 ex-lax

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11th, 2012:

Breakfast:
2 oz creamcheese
1/4 cup half-and-half
1 sugar free rockstar
1 multivitamin
1 manganese
2 thyroid
2 Ibuprofin

Snack:
2oz creamcheese

Lunch:
2oz creamcheese

Snack:
2oz creamcheese

Dinner:
2oz creamcheese



Some other things I'm going to try to work on:  moisturizing for nice skin, washing face at night, massaging thighs in tub for less cellulite.

So my goal is 125 pounds by September 1st. I have not been this weight in my adult life, I don't think.  I did get down to 151 in 2008, but have steadily gained it back since then. Here are my mini goals and associated dates. These posts will be important, as they'll tell me if I'm on target for my goal:

Feb 1st- 164
March 1st- 156
April 1st- 150

I'm not going to post all of the goals, because we'll see how on track I am after the first couple of months. The goals are higher for these three months, as people tend to lose more weight in the beginning of a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment